TERRORISM LAW BARRISTERS
We advise and represent clients at all stages of terrorism cases, including in relation to approaches by the security services, stop and search, pre-charge detention hearings and proceedings in foreign jurisdictions or international courts and tribunals.
Members of Chambers have developed a significant expertise in terrorism law over many years. Barristers from 25 Bedford Row have been involved in many of the most important, serious, complex and high-profile cases to come before the courts in England & Wales and further afield.
Our terrorism barristers have acted in landmark human rights challenges to terrorism-related executive action, such as control orders, extradition proceedings and asset freezing orders.
A number of our cases have significantly contributed to the development of domestic and European jurisprudence in this area, giving us exceptional insight to the law in this complex and sensitive area.
We work with many of the leading law firms on high profile cases, while some of our expert members also have direct access accreditation, meaning they can take instructions directly from the public where appropriate. This is often the case in international matters or at the investigation stage.
For advice or representation in relation to a terrorism offence of national security offence, please call 020 7067 1500 or use the contact form on the right and one of our terrorism law barristers in London will respond promptly.
Our expertise with terrorism offences & national security offences
Our terrorism barristers have extensive experience advising and representing a wide range of clients in relation to offences under the Terrorism Acts, including in connection to issues such as:
- Possession of terrorist material
- Dissemination of terrorist material
- Distribution of extremist material online
- Funding terrorism
- Asset-freezing Orders
- Control Orders
- Incitement to murder
- Attempted murder
- Extradition for terrorism offences
- Freedom of speech issues and hate speech prosecutions
We can support you through every stage of investigation, prosecution and the appeals process where required to secure the best available outcome in even the most challenging of circumstances.
Why should I use 25 Bedford Row for legal advice on terrorism offences and national security offences?
Our terrorism law barristers in London are recognised for their expertise and skill in dealing with the technically challenging and sensitive nature of terrorism offences and national security-related issues.
With many years of experience in this specialist area of terrorism law, we are able to offer the robust legal representation and personal support needed to help you navigate investigation and prosecution for these types of serious offences.
Members of chambers have been involved in many of the most important, serious, complex and high-profile terrorism and national security cases to come before the courts in recent times, including:
- R -v- Ciarán Maxwell – The “Marine who turned to terror”
- R -v- Anjem Choudary and Another - A case concerning encouraging support for Islamic State (‘IS’)
- R -v- Mohammed Alamgir and Others - A Luton Al-Muhajiroun cell infiltrated in an undercover operation
- R -v- Feroz Khan and Others – Prison disorder said to be a Lee Rigby copycat incident
- R -v- Humzah Ali and Another - An IS Syrian traveller and terrorist material dissemination case
- R -v- Yousaf Syed and Others - The “Poppy Day Plot”
- R -v- Roshonara Choudhry - The attempted murder of Steven Timms MP
- R -v- Muktar Ibrahim and Others - The 21/7 London Bombings
- R -v- Abdul Saleem - The Danish Cartoon Protest Case
- R -v- Kanyare & Others - The “Fake Sheikh" red mercury case
- R -v- Samina Malik - The “Lyrical Terrorist”
- R -v- Zakariya Ashiq - The “Walter Mitty Muslim”
- R -v- Kamel Bourgass and Others - The ricin conspiracy
- R -v- Ahmad Ali and Others - The liquid bomb transatlantic flight plot
- R -v- Dhiren Barot and Others - The “Dirty Bomb” conspiracy
- R -v- Omar Khyam and Others - The “Fertilizer Bomb” operation
- R -v- Abdul Raheem and Others - A West Midlands network connected to Parvais Khan
- R -v- Sulayman Zain-Ul-Abidin - The first UK Islamic terrorist prosecution
- R -v- Abu Hamza - Incitement to murder and possession of terrorist material
- R -v- Babar Ahmed – A terrorism-based US extradition
Members of Chambers have also written some of the leading texts on matters related to terrorism offences, including:
Contact us for representation for terrorism offences and national security offences
For expert advice and representation in all matters related to terrorism offences and national security issues, please call 020 7067 1500 or use the contact form below and one of our terrorism barristers will respond promptly.
Their reputation for excellence is demonstrated by involvement in almost every recent major serious trial