Restraint Confiscation & Asset Recovery
We work tirelessly to secure the best outcome for the client in what can be stressful and demanding proceedings. We have the experience and judgement to know when to fight to the end and when to seek a settlement and we offer pragmatic and down-to-earth advice.
- We offer vast experience in defending applications for freezing, restraint and confiscation orders and orders for asset forfeiture.
- We are committed to helping clients regain access to their assets and we offer extensive expertise in all restraint order matters, including drafting applications for variation and discharge, court appearances, appeals, dealing with repatriation orders and disclosure orders, and advising on the rights of third parties, company directors and partners.
- Frequently involved in securing successful outcomes in applications for forfeiture of cash seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. This often calls for a high level of skill and judgment and a delicate tactical touch when faced with parallel criminal and civil investigations.
- Frequently acting in investigations ranging from the seizure of personal papers and effects up to the seizure of individual cash sums in excess of £1 million.
- Experienced in challenges to the HMRC following seizures of cash related to tax enquiries.
- Experienced in lengthy and substantial civil forfeiture proceedings where the Government seeks to gain possession of property without any determination as to the guilt or innocence of the owner.
Full of barristers with a good range of experience, whether they be juniors dealing with cash seizure and detention, or silks handling the most complex cases