Nathaniel Rudolf QC
Crime, especially defending in serious fraud matters, corporate criminal and regulatory investigations. High value confiscation as well as crime-related areas such as judicial review and case stated. Particular speciality in seeking evidence from foreign jurisdictions. Past examples include the USA (Florida, California, Washington DC), Australia, Norway, Japan and Spain.
A truly gifted advocate with a razor sharp mind. Chambers UK
Recent Directory Quotes
- "An outstanding financial crime advocate with encyclopaedic knowledge and a great brain." Chambers UK 2020
- "A complete workhorse with a wealth of experience." Chambers UK 2020
- "Very methodical and affable with clients." Legal 500 2020
- "He has a formidable intellect." Legal 500 2020
- "Prosecutors fear having him as an opponent." Legal 500 2020
- "A remarkable advocate with a wealth of experience." "He has extremely good tactical awareness and superb knowledge of the criminal practice rules." Chambers UK 2019
- "An intellectual with excellent technical knowledge who also has the common sense and confidence to drive that knowledge in a helpful and practical way for clients." "He is extremely thorough and has in-depth knowledge of the law." Chambers UK 2019
- "His advocacy style is easy to understand and he is very persuasive because he knows cases inside out." Legal 500 2018
- "He has a phenomenal grasp of the law and procedure." Legal 500 2018
- "Good with clients and respected by other professionals, he knows POCA with an encyclopaedic skill." Legal 500 2018
- Director of Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund 2019 - present
- Fee Paid Individual Costs Adjudicator, Legal Aid Agency 2013 - 2020
- Member of the Criminal Procedure Rules Committee 2011 - 2019
- Single Adjudicator for LSC Complex Crime Unit Appeals 2010 - 2020
- Member of (and a chair of individual) LSC Complex Crime Unit Appeals Panel 2009 - 2020
Articles & Publications
- Author, ‘Is There a Problem with Prosecuting Financial Crime?’, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, February 2019
- Contributor, Wells on Confiscation, 'Abuse of Process'. 3rd Ed.
- Speaker, 'Fraud, Bribery and Money Laundering: The New Sentencing Guidelines', 1 October 2014, RPC.
- Co-author, 'Fraud: A Practitioner's Handbook' published by Bloomsbury Professional, 2014
- Speaker at the Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime 2013, 2015 & 2018
- Co-author, 'International Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing - a UK perspective', Sweet & Maxwell, 2009
- Contributor, LexisNexis PSL Bribery Took Kit
- External Consultant, UNODC- trained judicial trainers in Nigeria on confiscation
- IIEA (The Institute of International and European Affairs) - "International Money Laundering - enforcing compliance with Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing measures - a realistic goal or an impossible pipe dream?"
- Various Chambers Seminars and Seminars to Solicitors
- Member, Criminal Bar Association Executive 2012 - 2013.
- Secretary to the Criminal Bar Association 2011 - 2012.
- Assistant Secretary to the Criminal Bar Association 2010 - 2011.
- Co-opted member of Criminal Bar Association Executive 2009 - 2010
- Member of Bar Council VHCC Advocates Sub Group
- Member of Bar Council RGFS Consultation Response Group
- Member of Bar Council Electronic Service of Prosecution Evidence Group
- Criminal Bar Association
- South East Circuit
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)