Crime, especially defending in serious fraud matters and high value confiscation as well as crime-related areas such as judicial review and case stated. Particular speciality in seeking evidence from foreign jurisdictions. Past examples include the USA (Florida, California, Washington DC), Australia, Norway, Japan and Spain.
His breadth and depth of knowledge is unsurpassable, and he knows all of his cases backwards.Chambers UK
Articles & Publications
- Contributor, Wells on Confiscation, 3rd Ed. https://global.oup.com/academic/product/abuse-of-process-9780198786047
- Speaker at Fraud, Bribery and Money Laundering: The New Sentencing Guidelines, 1 October 2014, RPC.
- Co-author of Fraud: A Practitioner's Handbook published by Bloomsbury Professional, 2014
- Speaker at the 31st Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime 2013
- Co-author of "International Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing - a UK perspective", Sweet & Maxwell, 2009
- Contributor, LexisNexis PSL Bribery Took Kit
- External Consultant, UNODC- trained judicial trainers in Nigeria on confiscation
- IIEA (The Institute of International and European Affairs) - "International Money Laundering - enforcing compliance with Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing measures - a realistic goal or an impossible pipe dream?"
- Various Chambers Seminars and Seminars to Solicitors
- Fee Paid Individual Funding Assessor (VHCC Crime), Legal Aid Agency 2013 - 2018
- Member of the Criminal Procedure Rules Committee 2011 - 2018
- Single Adjudicator for LSC Complex Crime Unit Appeals 2010 – to date
- Member of (and a chair of individual) LSC Complex Crime Unit Appeals Panel 2009 - to date
- Member, Criminal Bar Association Executive 2012 – 2013.
- Secretary to the Criminal Bar Association 2011 – 2012.
- Assistant Secretary to the Criminal Bar Association 2010 - 2011.
- Co-opted member of Criminal Bar Association Executive 2009 - 2010
- Member of Bar Council VHCC Advocates Sub Group
- Member of Bar Council RGFS Consultation Response Group
- Member of Bar Council Electronic Service of Prosecution Evidence Group
- Criminal Bar Association
- South East Circuit
- Haldane Society
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)