Race and Rights in the UK - Do Black Lives Matter Today?
A Human Rights Lawyers Association Webinar
Date: 29 July 2020
Time: 6:30pm to 8pm
Format: via Zoom (registration details below)
Drawing on the knowledge and experience of the chair and panellists, this event will provide a forum to discuss race and rights in the UK and recommend solutions in order to advance this debate at this critical juncture.
Presentations will touch on the following four key areas as part of this discussion and will be followed by a live Q&A:
- Discriminatory policing
- Race and Covid-19
- Laurie-Anne Power, Barrister, 25 Bedford Row (Chair)
- Judge Peter Herbert OBE, Co-Founder BMELawyers4Grenfell, Chair of the Black Lawyers' Society
- Dr Nishi Chaturvedi, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology at University College London
- Martin Forde QC, One Crown Office Row, Independent Adviser to the Windrush Compensation Scheme
- Zainab Asunramu, Activist and Writer
- Rohan Samuel, @poet_rs Spoken Word Poet
Event Lead and Introduction: Tetevi Davi, HRLA Executive Committee
For further information and to book your place, please click here.
The webinar joining details will be distributed on the day of the event.