Atalanta began her First Six Pupillage in October 2023 under the supervision of Lisa Wilson.
Atalanta graduated university with a 1st-Class law degree then progressed to the Bar Course at the Inns of Court College of Advocacy. She has been awarded with a number of scholarships and prizes in recognition of her successes, including the Exhibition Award from Inner Temple.
Before pupillage, Atalanta worked as a criminal defence caseworker at Reeds Solicitors. Atalanta worked in the Complex Crime department, where she worked closely with the Head of Complex Crime. Her work largely centred around the hack of the “EncroChat” network and the National Crime Agency’s Operation Venetic.
Atalanta prepared cases across all stages of Crown Court litigation, working on a diverse caseload including drugs and money laundering conspiracies, firearms, and murder. She attended conferences with Silks and juniors and assisted counsel in court at case management hearings and trials.
Alongside her work, she volunteered at the School’s Consent Project. This role involved delivering legal workshops to school children aged 11-18, discussing sexual consent and their rights and responsibilities arising in that area. Atalanta’s current role within the Project is an assessor, reviewing new volunteers.
Atalanta is a keen long-distance runner and formerly worked with competitive event horses.
- The Honourable Society of Inner Temple
- Women in Criminal Law
- The Howard League for Penal Reform
Qualifications & Awards
- Bar Course, The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (2023)
- LLB Law, Edge Hill University (2020)
- National Paralegal of the Year South, Highly Commended (2023)
- National Paralegal of the Year, Finalist (2023)
- Winner, 36 Group Oral Advocacy Competition (2022)
- Inner Temple Exhibition Award (2021)
- Inner Temple Duke of Edinburgh Award (2021)
- Inner Temple PASS Scholar (2019/20)
- Edge Hill University Scholarship (2020)
- Edge Hill University Caroline Norton Award (2019)