Transnational Legal History Group seminar
Event: CCTL Transnational Legal History Group Seminar - 'Jack the Ripper, The First Media Serial Killer'
Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Speakers: Jeremy Dein QC
Seminar Details: Face-to-Face session at the CUHK Graduate Law Centre. You can register to attend online here via Zoom.
- 07:30-07:33 Welcome. Professor Lutz Christian Wolff, Dean of CUHK LAW
- 07:33-08:45 Part I: The Jack The Ripper murders and why they captured the public imagination in 1888 and retain it in 2021? by Prof. Ian Morley and Steven Gallagher
- 08:45-08:50 Break
- 08:50-09:50 Part II: Hong Kong’s serial killers and Jack’s legacy by Ms. Yasmine Zahir, Barrister, Liberty Chambers
- 09:50-10:00 Break
- 10:00-10:55 Part III: Defending the indefensible by Mr. Jeremy Dein QC, 25 Bedford Row.
- 10:55-11:00 Final Remarks