Our barristers have been involved in significant public inquiries, including those involving alleged failings by Government departments, corporate and statutory bodies.
Chambers has extensive experience in Public Inquiries, having been appointed as Counsel to the Inquiry or representing Core Participants (CPs) in some of the most complex and high-profile Public Inquiries of recent years including:
- The Covid-19 UK Inquiry
- Undercover Policing Inquiry (UCPI)
- The Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- The Manchester Arena Inquiry
- Dame Linda Dobbs Review
- Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA)
- The Steven Lawrence Inquiry
- The Victoria Climbié Inquiry
- The Marchioness/Bowbelle Inquiry
Members are praised for their effective handling of sensitive and challenging proceedings and are experienced in dealing with intense media scrutiny.
Our comprehensive service covers all aspect of a Public Inquiry including:
- Advising on core participant status
- Responding to a Rule 9 request for evidence including witness statements, through to preparation, advice and support for witnesses at hearings.
- Documentary examinations and advice to material providers on likely responsibilities and duties.
- Representation of Core Participants in preliminary and full hearings.
- Advising upon and responding to Rule 13 notices where a witness or individual is or maybe subject to criticism.
- Advice on parallel civil or criminal liability.
For advice or representation relating to an inquest or public inquiry, please call 020 7067 1500 or use the contact form on the right and we will respond promptly.