Ingrained Injustice in the UK Legal System
Date: 9th July 2020
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Format: via Zoom
During the current global Black Lives Matter protests following media focus on grave injustices on the African American community in the USA, this webinar provides a short assessment from experts in their fields on how the UK legal system contains some inherent bias against the black community.
Chaired by Samir Pasha of MTC Solicitors, this webinar will focus on the following topics as case studies:
- The Windrush Scandal
- Treatment in the Criminal Justice System
- Lord Michael Hastings of Scarisbrick
- Naga Kandiah (MTC Solicitors)
- Melanie Simpson QC (25 Bedford Row)
- Antonia Kim Charles (MTC Solicitors)
- Laurence Chester (Independent Social Worker)
To view the recording of this Webinar, please click here.