Tyrone Smith QC
Tyrone Smith is a highly regarded criminal defence advocate specialising in serious offences including murder, drugs offences and fraud.
Recommended in Crime in Chambers UK
Over many years he has gained a reputation as a fearless advocate who is effective at cross-examining lay, professional and expert witnesses. He is adept at changing his approach and tactics to meet the wide variety of criminal cases he defends in.
A measure of the regard he is held in is the fact that when those within the legal profession find themselves facing criminal charges they often turn to him for representation.
He has a specialist knowledge of telecommunications evidence, including cell site and IP evidence.
- "A phenomenal jury advocate who is brave enough to throw a humorous line into a case and get the jury on his side." Chambers UK 2022
- "Tyrone has a measured and determined approach and is extremely good with young and vulnerable defendants facing murder. He is a new breed of silk with a good thirst for PR and client management, both professional and lay. He is well-liked by his contemporaries and the judges and he is affable, warm and engaging in all that he does. He takes great interest in his juniors and whilst running an extremely busy and successful practice he maintains a hands-on approach to his cases." Legal 500 2022, Crime
- "A very fine silk whose judgement is spot-on every time. He deals really well under pressure and is utterly unflappable." Chambers UK 2021
- "A fearless advocate and beguiling charmer of judges and juries alike." Legal 500 2021
- "He finds alternative angles in cases others fail to see." Legal 500 2020
- Ranked as a Leading Silk in Crime, Legal 500 2020
- "Tenacious and measured in his cross-examination." Legal 500
- "He is persuasive and has a real knack for getting on with people." Legal 500
- "An incredibly proactive and talented young Silk who takes a thorough approach to his brief." Legal 500
Member of the Criminal Bar Association