Sophie is a first-six pupil, currently under the supervision of Beth O'Reilly.
Before beginning pupillage, Sophie worked as a paralegal at a London criminal defence firm, assisting on a wide range of cases. Alongside her BVS studies, Sophie contributed to the upcoming publication of “Human Rights in Criminal Law”, specifically regarding the relationship between Article 7 ECHR, UK criminal trials, and sentencing.
Sophie worked as a research assistant to Counsel on multiple immigration appeal cases, that had a background of criminal proceedings.
Whilst at University Sophie was Project Director of a Pro Bono Unit. This project supported the Syrian Legal Development Programme.
Qualifications and Awards
- LLB Bachelor of Laws, University of Durham (2018)
- LLM Master of Law, University of Cambridge (2019)
- BVS, City, University of London (2021)
- Lincoln’s Inn Lord Denning Scholarship (2020)
- University of Durham - Colin and Romey Warbrick Award for Public International Law (2018)
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association