Sebastian Gardiner is a leading junior in chambers and a trial specialist with a wealth of experience in defence work. He is consistently instructed in all areas of serious crime, predominantly allegations of murder, large scale drug supply and importation cases as well as major fraud offences. Recommended in Chambers UK 2020 and The Legal 500 2021.
He has developed a particular expertise in offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act and has been involved some of the largest drugs cases in the UK.
Sebastian has a keen interest and expertise in issues surrounding the right to protest and to lawful assembly. He has provided advice on police powers and prosecutions for matters relating to civil disobedience and non-violent direct action.
He has successfully represented clients in the Court of Appeal and advises in that regard.
He was recently elected onto the executive committee of the Criminal Bar Association to represent the profession, and was previously the chairman of the crime group the Society of Labour Lawyers.
Sebastian is qualified to accept instructions via Direct Access.
Recommended as a leading junior in crime in Chambers UK
- Lectured on various aspects of Misuse of Drugs Act 
- Edited publication for RELEASE and other organisations.
- In house lectures on Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act , and Criminal Justice Act .
- Criminal Bar Association
- Society of Labour Lawyers
- The Howard Reform League
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Chambers Ambassador to the Bar Council