Sebastian Gardiner is a leading junior in chambers. He is regularly instructed in all areas of serious crime, predominantly allegations of murder, large scale drug supply and importation cases as well as major fraud offences. Recommended in Chambers UK 2023 and the Legal 500 2023.
He has developed a particular expertise in offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act and has been involved some of the largest drugs cases in the UK.
He has developed a particular expertise in prosecutions linked to Operation Venetic and evidence obtained from the Encrochat communications network. He has lectured in this field to the members of the legal profession and has been instructed in dozens of Encro cases as well as a number of appeals.
Sebastian has a keen interest and expertise in issues surrounding the right to protest and to lawful assembly. He has provided advice on police powers and prosecutions for matters relating to civil disobedience and non-violent direct action.
He is Head of Pupillage in chambers and was previously the chairman of the crime group the Society of Labours
Sebastian is qualified to accept instructions via Direct Access.
Recommended as a leading junior in crime in Chambers UK
- Lectured on various aspects of Misuse of Drugs Act and Encrochat cases/the Investigatory Powers Act
- Edited publication for RELEASE and other organisations.
- In house lectures on Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act , and Criminal Justice Act .
- Criminal Bar Association
- Society of Labour Lawyers
- The Howard Reform League
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Chambers Ambassador to the Bar Council