Priya practices exclusively in all areas of criminal defence, including regulatory and complex fraud and financial crime. Priya is an experienced Crown Court trial advocate. She has also appeared in the Court of Appeal and VAT & Duties tribunal.
Prior to a career at the bar Priya worked in the legal department of a leading FTSE 100 firm. She therefore has sound understanding and commercial awareness of the needs of both corporate and private clients alike.
Articles and Publications
- The nuts and bolts of trial advocacy, The Circuiteer 2010
- Bail vs Goal - The Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 - Solicitors Journal, May 2009
- Update on abuse of process - Criminal Bar Quarterly 2009
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- United Kingdom Environmental Law Association (UKELA)
- Female Fraud Forum
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA)
- Inner Temple Scholar
- 2006 - 2007 BVC - BPP Law School
- 2002 - 2006 BA (Hons) English Law & German Law, University of Sheffield / Universitaet Trier, Germany