Priya is an exceptional advocate best known for her attention to detail, meticulous preparation, sound judgment, and tenacity in court.
Priya specialises in public inquiry, inquests, professional discipline, environmental law, as well as all areas of criminal defence, in particular fraud and financial crime. She is an experienced trial advocate who has appeared in the Court of Appeal, VAT and Duties tribunal, professional disciplinary tribunals, Coroners Courts, Crown Courts, Magistrates Courts and Employment Tribunals.
Priya is currently instructed as junior counsel to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and counsel for a core participant in the Undercover Police Inquiry.
Publications and Lectures
- Culture Based Crime lecture, May 2015
- Identity Documents Act 2010 lecture, August 2011
- The nuts and bolts of trial advocacy, The Circuiteer 2010
- Bail vs. Goal – The Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008, Solicitors Journal, May 2009
- Update on abuse of process, Criminal Bar Quarterly 2009
Education and Scholarships
- Called to the Bar: 2007 (Inner Temple)
- Bar Vocational Course BPP London: September 2006 – June 2007 Very Competent
- The University of Sheffield & The University of Trier (Germany): September 2002 – June 2006 BA (Hons) Law with German Law 2:1
- Inner Temple scholar: BVC Exhibition & the Yarborough-Anderson Prize 2006