Paul Mendelle QC
Paul Mendelle QC had a mixed civil and criminal practice for many years but nowadays practises exclusively in defence work, specialising in the most serious criminal offences: murder, armed robbery, multiple rape, drug trafficking, corruption, fraud and money laundering.
He is a very persuasive advocate, who is tactically smart.Chambers UK
Mr Mendelle has built a reputation of excellence and regulatory expertise from the foundations of his well-established criminal and fraud practice and is experienced in representing professional and corporate defendants charged with regulatory offences.
He has been an active committee member of the CBA for many years and succeeded to the Chairmanship in September 2009 after his year as Vice Chairman.
He has been involved in many CBA and Bar Council working parties and for the last two years has engaged in negotiations with the Legal Services Commission and Ministry of Justice over VHCCs, helping to design the new VHCC fixed fee scheme for advocates called GFS Plus which appears in the consultation paper of December 2009.
Articles & Publications
- Many CBA working party reports, including those on disclosure in Customs prosecutions, the attendance of witnesses, the regulation of forensic science and sentencing guidelines in death by driving cases.
- Criminal Bar Association Vice Chairman and Chairman.
- Speaker on Pre-recorded questioning of vulnerable witnesses at LCCSA European Conference 2014, Alicante, Spain.
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- United Kingdom Environmental Law Association (UKELA)
- Fraud Lawyers Association (FLA)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association
- Member of the South Eastern Circuit