- London 020 7067 1500
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerrie Ann Rowan
Kerrie practises in all areas of criminal defence including murder, violence, robbery, drug offences and dishonesty offences. She has broad experience in serious and complex cases, including in the Court of Appeal.
Kerrie has particular experience in white-collar crime and investigations. In 2017-2018 Kerrie was part of the team representing a former FOREX trader who was prosecuted by the US Department of Justice for conspiracy to fix prices in the FOREX market. The trial ended in an acquittal in the Southern District of New York in 2018. Prior to joining 25 Bedford Row, Kerrie worked as a legal assistant with the white-collar criminal defence team at Arnold & Porter LLP. During that time, the team advised on the SFO investigation into GlaxoSmithKline; provided representation for News UK in respect of allegations of telephone voicemail interception and corruption of public officials; advised on an international investigation into a multi-billion dollar accountancy fraud and provided advice on financial regulatory matters.
Kerrie also has a strong interest in human rights and international criminal law. For almost two years, Kerrie served as case manager and legal assistant on the Haradinaj defence team at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). During this time she also worked as a research assistant at the International Criminal Court (ICC).
In 2018, Kerrie received the Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship to complete a fellowship with the Global Legal Program of the Centre for Reproductive Rights in New York, where her research focused on international human rights law and policy. Further, she was awarded the Inner Temple Internship Award in 2015 for her work as research assistant with the Capital Sentencing Institute at St. Louis University, Missouri.
Kerrie has also worked as a law clerk to Justice Arbel at the Supreme Court of Israel, where her research focused on comparative international and domestic human rights law. Whilst studying for her LLM, Kerrie volunteered with Innocence McGill and served as a fellow with the One Justice Project.
Kerrie is able to accept instructions via Direct Access.
- Barrister, England and Wales (2015)
- Attorney at Law (2013, New York, USA)
- Certificate in International Human Rights Law and Practice, London School of Economics and Political Science (2014)
- McGill/Hebrew University Summer Program in Human Rights (full scholarship) (2013)
- LLM, McGill University (2013)
- BCL (First Class), Law with French Law, University College Dublin (2011)
- Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship (2018)
- Inner Temple Internship Award (2015)
- Inner Temple Ede & Ravenscroft Prize (2015)
- McGill University Graduate Excellence Award (2013)
- University College Dublin Entrance Exhibition Award (2011)
- London Irish Lawyers Association
- Criminal Bar Association
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Women in Criminal Law
- Female Fraud Forum