Acts as leading or junior counsel specialising in serious, complex and sensitive cases.
Case preparation is brilliant.
Principal areas of practice are:
- Fraud, money laundering, confiscation and restraint proceedings.
- Trading standards
- Serious Crime: including Homicide, multi-handed drug importation cases, firearm and kidnap cases.
- Sexual offences: extensive experience of cases involving young and vulnerable complainants and defendants.
- Extensive appellant court experience.
Has prosecuted fraud and sexual offences cases prior to joining chambers. His experience is reflected in his current grade three classification.
- "Maintaining Standards" New Law Journal 27 July 2012
- “An Orderly House?” Criminal Law & Justice Weekly Vol. 176
- Regularly lectures externally and internally on areas relating to disclosure, fraud and sentencing.
- Regulary contributes to a number of working groups on behalf of the Bar Council, CBA and SEC including:
- Bar Council Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Bill (LASPO) (2011-12)
- CBA response to the Burglary SC guidelines
- CBA response to the consultation on “breaking the cycle” 2011 http://www.criminalbar.com/86/records/455/Breaking the Cycle CBA Response.pdf
- Joint Bar Council/CBA working group which responded to defence witness code and regulations http://www.criminalbar.com/86/records/280/Bar Council CBA Response to Defence Witness Code Consultation.pdf
- SEC response on proposed regulatory changes by BSB and JAG consultation on QAA http://www.southeastcircuit.org.uk/committee/working-party-reports.
- CBA response to the Law Commission’s 2009 Consultation paper on Expert evidence in Criminal Cases.
- Member of Inner Temple advocacy training and trains external pupils and junior practitioners.
- Pupil Supervisor
- Assistant Secretary of Criminal Bar Association (2012-present )
- Committee member of Criminal Bar Association (2009-present)
- Committee member of South Eastern Circuit (2009-present)
- Committee member of North London Bar Mess
- Inner Temple
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- LLB (Hons) Brunel University
- Appointed as fee paid Tribunal Judge (Social Entitlement Chamber)
- Appointed as a Chair of the Fitness to Practice panel for the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)