Acts as leading or junior counsel specialising in serious, complex and sensitive cases.
He has a beautiful advocacy style and carefully prepares his arguments
Principal areas of practice are:
- Fraud, money laundering, confiscation and restraint proceedings.
- Trading standards
- Serious Crime: including Homicide, multi-handed drug importation cases, firearm and kidnap cases.
- Sexual offences: extensive experience of cases involving young and vulnerable complainants and defendants.
- Extensive appellant court experience.
- "Maintaining Standards" New Law Journal 27 July 2012
- “An Orderly House?” Criminal Law & Justice Weekly Vol. 176
- Regularly lectures externally and internally on areas relating to disclosure, fraud and sentencing.
- Regulary contributes to a number of working groups on behalf of the Bar Council, CBA and SEC including:
- Bar Council Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Bill (LASPO) (2011-12)
- CBA response to the Burglary SC guidelines
- CBA response to the consultation on “breaking the cycle” 2011 https://www.criminalbar.com/wp-content/uploads/files/cba-responses/120217092901-BreakingtheCycleCBAResponse.pdf
- Joint Bar Council/CBA working group which responded to defence witness code and regulations https://www.criminalbar.com/wp-content/uploads/files/cba-responses/120217092901-BreakingtheCycleCBAResponse.pdf
- SEC response on proposed regulatory changes by BSB and JAG consultation on QAA http://www.southeastcircuit.org.uk/committee/working-party-reports.
- CBA response to the Law Commission’s 2009 Consultation paper on Expert evidence in Criminal Cases.
- Member of Inner Temple advocacy training and trains external pupils and junior practitioners.
- Pupil Supervisor
- Secretary of Criminal Bar Association (2012-2014 )
- Committee member of Criminal Bar Association (2009-2015)
- Committee member of South Eastern Circuit (2009-2012)
- Inner Temple advocacy and ethics trainer (2010 - present)
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Member of the South Eastern Circuit
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association
- LLB (Hons) Brunel University
- Senior Chair of The Health Service Products (Pricing, Cost Control and Information) Appeals Tribunal (2020)
- First Tier Tribunal Judge (Social Entitlement Chamber) (2013-present)
- Chair of the Fitness to Practice Panel, Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) (2013-present)
- Legal Advisor, General Pharmaceutical Council (GPHC) (2018-present)