Chiara specialises in serious and complex crime, with a developing public law and regulatory practice.
Chiara is regularly instructed in complex and document-heavy criminal cases, through which she has developed a reputation for thorough case preparation, excellent client care and sound judgement. She has acted as both leader and junior in a number of cases, including long running frauds and has acted as junior alone in serious multi-handed cases. Chiara has extensive experience in cases involving mental health, fitness to plead and fitness to stand trial issues, and excels in representing young and vulnerable clients.
Prior to joining chambers, Chiara was instructed to prosecute on behalf of the Financial Conduct Authority, and has been instructed as disclosure and LPP Counsel for the Serious Fraud Office and Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
Alongside a busy court practice, Chiara has experience in inquiries, having been instructed for a core participant in the Undercover Policing Inquiry since 2019.
In 2015 Chiara acted as a consultant to the Supreme Court of Rwanda on sentencing principles where she was responsible for drafting a proposal for sentencing guidelines and advising on future issues in respect of youth and non-custodial sentencing. Whilst there she led a 4-day working group with the judiciary, including members of the Supreme Court and the Ministry of Justice.
- Lecture on behalf of the International Commission of Jurists to Tunisian Judges on “Sexual and Gender Based Violence”.
- Chaired a cross-disciplinary event on the trafficking of children at the 2022 Labour Conference.
- University of Reading, LLB
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP Professional Education
- Secretary, Gray’s Inn Barristers Committee
- South Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Executive member, Society of Labour Lawyers