Alistair was called to the Bar in 1998 and has enjoyed a mixture of both employed and independent practice before joining Chambers in 2020.
He has established a strong track record as a leading junior and led junior. Alistair is a trial specialist with a wealth of experience in defence work. He is tenacious in the pursuit of his clients’ best interests.
Alistair defends at the highest levels to include murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, conspiracy to rape, rape, fraud, death by dangerous driving, conspiracy to supply class A drugs, blackmail, and kidnap to name just a few. He has also defended clients at Courts Martial and undertakes appellate level instructions.
A naturally gifted advocate, Alistair has an undeniable ability to connect with juries, no matter what the circumstances of the case he is presenting. He skilfully conducts examination in chief and cross examination of both professional and lay witnesses, and his speeches are always presented with the utmost care and passion. He is known for his sound judgement, objectivity, honest and straightforward advice, and these qualities are reflected in his excellent results.
- South Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Contributing author for LexisPSL Corporate Crime.
- Contributing author for LexisPSL Public Law Terrorism Law and Emergency Powers.
- Advocacy Trainer at the Inner Temple
- “A talented advocate who cross-examines with tact and skill.” Legal 500, 2018
- Inner Temple Scholarship
- Employed Advocate of the Year 2018, Bar Council Employed Barrister Awards