Jo Sidhu QC
Instructed in serious criminal cases including fraud, homicide, terrorism, drugs, armed robbery, extradition, and in cases involving human rights issues.
Superlative: he punches way above his weight.Legal 500
- Diversity at the Bar: Where do we go from here? Counsel Magazine, September 2020
- Cases that Changed our Lives - author of chapter on Legal Insanity. Foreword by Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, Master of the Rolls. Butterworths (2010)
- Twenty Eight Days - What's the Verdict CLJW (2010), Vol 174, p103
- The Criminal Case of Usman Saddique The Guardian.11/02/10
- The Special Relationship CBQ March 2007. Issue 1, p6
- Chair of The Criminal Bar Association.
- Bencher at Lincoln's Inn.
- President of the Society of Asian Lawyers 2013-2016.
- Member of the Equality & Inclusion Committee of Lincoln's Inn.
- Vice-chair Equality & Diversity Committee of the Bar Council: 2003-2017.
- Qualified to undertake direct public access work.
- Lead Advocacy Trainer with Lincoln's Inn.
- International Advocacy Trainer with the ICCA.
- Pupil supervisor.
- Regular broadcaster on TV and Radio on legal and political issues.
- Winner of the Asian Professional of the Year award (2016) and listed in GG2 Magazine as one of the top 101 most influential Asians in the UK.
- Member of Wadham College Law Society (since 2000).
- "Jo prepares his case very diligently and his advocacy is seamless and eloquent. He is very thorough with his preparation and is exceptionally good at strategising on behalf of his client's best interests. He is very charming with juries, judges and opponents alike. He is adept at honing in on the issues that juries are concerned with and shaping his defence to hone in on the jury concern." Legal 500 2022, Crime.
- "He is a very experienced crime advocate who explains things clearly." Chambers UK 2021
- "A master of closing speeches and often instructed in difficult homicide cases." Chambers UK 2020
- "A great jury advocate and extremely eloquent." Chambers UK 2020
- "He defends in a range of homicide cases." Legal 500 2020
- "Admired for his performance and conduct at court." Chambers UK
- "Very proactive and diligent." Chambers UK
- "Steps up to the plate." Chambers UK
- "A keen eye for detail and a vast knowledge of the law." Legal 500
- "Recommended for his experience in defending murders." Legal 500
- "His practice ranges from appeals through complex terror cases to sensitive sexual abuse trials." Legal 500
Pre-Law Experience and Voluntary Work
- Chair of School Governing Body (1997-2017).
- Elected Councillor in London Borough of Ealing (1994-1998).
- Member of Middlesex Area Probation Committee (1995-1998).
- Tutor in Economics (P/T) (1989-91).
- Senior Programme Researcher at the BBC (F/T) (1989).
- Policy and Research Officer with London Borough of Ealing (F/T) (1988).
- Caseworker with Southall Monitoring Project (P/T) (1986-1989).
- Jury foreman in two trials (1984).
- Hindi (working knowledge)
- BA (Hons) PPE - University of Oxford
- MSc Politics of the World Economy - L.S.E.
- CPE - The College of Law
- BVC - Inns of Court School of Law