Jo Sidhu QC
Instructed in serious criminal cases including fraud, homicide, terrorism, drugs, armed robbery, extradition, and in cases involving human rights issues.
Superlative: he punches way above his weight.Legal 500
- Diversity at the Bar: Where do we go from here? Counsel Magazine, September 2020
- Cases that Changed our Lives - author of chapter on Legal Insanity. Foreword by Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, Master of the Rolls. Butterworths (2010)
- Twenty Eight Days - What's the Verdict CLJW (2010), Vol 174, p103
- The Criminal Case of Usman Saddique The Guardian.11/02/10
- The Special Relationship CBQ March 2007. Issue 1, p6
- Vice Chair (Chair Elect) Criminal Bar Association.
- Bencher at Lincoln's Inn.
- President of the Society of Asian Lawyers 2013-2016.
- Member of the Equality & Inclusion Committee of Lincoln's Inn.
- Vice-chair Equality & Diversity Committee of the Bar Council: 2003-2017.
- Qualified to undertake direct public access work.
- Lead Advocacy Trainer with Lincoln's Inn.
- International Advocacy Trainer with the ICCA.
- Pupil supervisor.
- Regular broadcaster on TV and Radio on legal and political issues.
- Winner of the Asian Professional of the Year award (2016) and listed in GG2 Magazine as one of the top 101 most influential Asians in the UK.
- Member of Wadham College Law Society (since 2000).
Pre-Law Experience and Voluntary Work
- Chair of School Governing Body (1997-2017).
- Elected Councillor in London Borough of Ealing (1994-1998).
- Member of Middlesex Area Probation Committee (1995-1998).
- Tutor in Economics (P/T) (1989-91).
- Senior Programme Researcher at the BBC (F/T) (1989).
- Policy and Research Officer with London Borough of Ealing (F/T) (1988).
- Caseworker with Southall Monitoring Project (P/T) (1986-1989).
- Jury foreman in two trials (1984).
- Hindi (working knowledge)
- BA (Hons) PPE - University of Oxford
- MSc Politics of the World Economy - L.S.E.
- CPE - The College of Law
- BVC - Inns of Court School of Law