May 1998 - Present: 25 Bedford Row, Director of Clerking
November 1983 - May 1998: 11 South Square, 3 Grays Inn Square, 1st Junior Clerk
March 1978 - November 1983: 9 Kings Bench Walk, Junior Clerk
Guy Williams is the consummate professional, always willing to assist and commands the utmost respect. Legal 500 2021
Guy has been with Chambers for over 30 years and has been a significant driving force in its growth into one of the leading criminal defence sets. Guy became Senior Clerk in 1998 and, in 1999, 25 Bedford Row was the first set of chambers in the country to achieve Bar Mark.
Guy has helped Chambers to achieve top tier status over a very short period of time by offering solicitors choice of the very highest quality representation and overall continuity. He runs Chambers dynamically, responding to and leading market change, he is totally commercially minded and entirely approachable.
Guy’s role involves the overall management and supervision of all clerking operations and the development and promotion of business at 25 Bedford Row. He is available for meetings regarding both potential and on-going working relationships and is wholly committed to their development, ensuring all opportunities are explored and maximised.
Guy is committed to the consistent provision of a high-quality service, based on his extensive knowledge and experience of matching the right advocate to an individual case. He is known for his competitive flare, for prioritising the importance of continuity of representation and for his unfaltering commitment to strategy planning and development.
Guy will assist you with fee negotiation for both individual cases and block fee arrangements and will ensure any disputes are fully investigated and resolved.
The last full quality assurance audit by BSI cited the following:
“Chambers is extremely well run. A strong and effective management committee is supported by an experienced and highly competent clerking and administrative support team and it is clear from both the documentary evidence examined and from conversations with a range of barristers and staff members, that chambers makes every effort to comply with all of the requirements of the BarMark Standard in support of its core aim of providing an excellent service to its professional and lay clients”.
Guy is a member of the Institute of Barristers' Clerks.
- "Senior clerk Guy Williams, is ‘the leading ambassador’ for championing client service." Legal 500
- "Guy Williams is an exceptional senior clerk who is easy to deal with - he's flexible and trustworthy, he knows all the barristers inside out and he'll never recommend someone who isn't right for a particular case." Chambers & Partners
- "Senior clerk Guy Williams is lauded for his experienced and flexible clerking, as well as for "never recommending someone who isn't right for a particular case." Chambers & Partners
- "Guy Williams is the consummate professional, always willing to assist and commands the utmost respect.” Legal 500
- "Senior clerk Guy Williams ‘places a high premium on building client relationships and is very alert to potential ways in which to grow and develop chambers." Legal 500
- "Director of clerking Guy Williams ‘offers a great service’ and leads the ‘extremely responsive’ clerks’ room which is ‘always on hand to help and are sensible in their choice of counsel." Legal 500
- "The clerking team, led by Guy Williams is second to none. All of the clerks go out of there way to ensure that instructing chambers is smooth and goes without issue." Legal 500
- "Guy Williams, Emma Makepeace and Alfie Lee are a class clerking act. The clerks room is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. They are a real credit to chambers and I consider the clerks team to be on a par with the best clerks in London.” Legal 500
- The “always accessible” Guy Williams leads a clerking team that receives plaudits for its service delivery. One source comments: “The communication from the clerks is particularly impressive and they are always accommodating.” “When they deal with instructing solicitors, it’s with respect.” They attract further plaudits for their reliability and efficiency, and for “bringing order to what otherwise could be a chaotic existence.” Chambers & Partners