Aisling is one of only a handful of barristers ranked in the top tier of both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners Guide to the Bar. She has 25 years’ experience of defending in criminal cases of the utmost seriousness and now practises almost exclusively in the private sector, advising and representing professional and high net worth individuals from the pre-charge stage up to appellate proceedings. She is regularly instructed by the country’s leading law firms.
Aisling is a true expert in the field of sexual allegations and other sensitive proceedings which have a real impact on the reputation of an individual both personally and professionally.
Aisling also has a flourishing practice in the field of sports regulatory proceedings and is a member of the Football Association’s independent legal panel where she chairs disciplinary and safeguarding hearings.
Aisling has a well-deserved reputation for commitment, extraordinary preparation, tactical nous and a robust sense of realism. She is accessible to her clients from the point of instruction and leaves absolutely nothing to chance. In court or before a tribunal, she is a compelling advocate who commands respect from her opponents and judges alike.
- Northern Ireland Bar
- Criminal Bar Association
- Bar Council Access to the Bar Committee Member
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- "Thorough, meticulous and very tactical." Chambers UK 2020
- "Aisling is in a league of her own when it comes to her extraordinary efficiency, attention to detail, and determination. Her advocacy commands the attention of everyone in the courtroom. She is very authoritative, yet able to cross-examine witnesses in a manner which juries find attractive." Chambers UK 2020
- "The best of a new breed of advocates in sexual offence cases – she's as hard as nails and determined, but calm and assured with clients." Chambers UK 2020
- "When she walks into court, you know she means business" Legal 500 2020
- “One of the best advocates at the Bar: intelligent, tactical, tenacious and realistic.” Legal 500 2019
- "She impresses with her extraordinary efficiency, attention to detail and determination. Her advocacy commands the attention of everyone in the courtroom." Chambers UK 2019
- "thorough, meticulous and very tactical." "Very bright and a really tough fighter." Chambers UK 2019
- "One of the best advocates at the Bar: intelligent, tactical, tenacious and realistic." Legal 500 2018
- "An accessible barrister who instils immediate confidence in her clients with her robust advocacy and her commitment to fighting their corner". Chambers UK 2018
- "An excellent lawyer with superb client care skills – her reputation is well deserved”. Legal 500 2017
- "She was very good with a client in horrendous emotional circumstances." Legal 500 2017
- "She gives very robust, direct advice and her advocacy style is very good." Chambers UK 2017
- “Very sensitive, very passionate, very understanding but also tough when she needs to be”.Chambers UK 2016
- "Her preparation and attention to detail is second to none". Legal 500 2016
- “Tenacious and hardworking." Legal 500 2016
- "Very sensitive, very passionate, very understanding but also tough when she needs to be. She gives very robust, direct advice and her advocacy style is very good" Chambers UK 2015
- "Tenacious and highly skilled cross-examiner." Legal 500 2015
- "Knows what needs to be done and is at all times alive to the tactical issues that arise in serious crime matters." Legal 500 2014
- Admired for her "no-nonsense attitude" when defending clients in serious criminal proceedings." Chambers UK 2014
- “Offers excellent advice and reassures client just by her mere presence". Chambers UK 2013
- “An exceptionally good and very hard working advocate” who is “tenacious and very passionate.” Legal 500 2013
- Shortlisted for the 2012 Chambers & Partners Crime Junior of the Year. Chambers UK 2012
- "Focused with strong attention to detail." Legal 500