Leading and junior counsel in a wide range of cases involving organised crime, homicide, serious sexual offences, drug trafficking and money laundering.
Experience in environmental regulatory offences. Particular expertise in defending in cases arising from political activism.
Extensive appellate experience in the Court of Appeal and in the Administrative Court, with emphasis on crime-related judicial review.
- Former lecturer in evidence on the Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court School of Law
- Frequently lectures on all aspects of evidence and criminal litigation, both in-house and externally
- Gray’s Inn advocacy trainer
- Pupil supervisor
- Contributor to Criminal Bar Association working party reports on sentencing, public access and advocacy standards.
- Sits as judge in Metropolitan Police Trials.
- Northern Ireland Bar
- Criminal Bar Association
- Bar Council Access to the Bar Committee Member
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- "An accessible barrister who instils immediate confidence in her clients with her robust advocacy and her commitment to fighting their corner". Chambers UK 2018
- "An excellent lawyer with superb client care skills – her reputation is well deserved”. Legal 500 2017
- "She was very good with a client in horrendous emotional circumstances." Legal 500 2017
- "She gives very robust, direct advice and her advocacy style is very good." Chambers UK 2017
- “Very sensitive, very passionate, very understanding but also tough when she needs to be”.Chambers UK 2016
- "Her preparation and attention to detail is second to none". Legal 500 2016
- “Tenacious and hardworking." Legal 500 2016
- "Very sensitive, very passionate, very understanding but also tough when she needs to be. She gives very robust, direct advice and her advocacy style is very good" Chambers UK 2015
- "Tenacious and highly skilled cross-examiner." Legal 500 2015
- "Knows what needs to be done and is at all times alive to the tactical issues that arise in serious crime matters." Legal 500 2014
- Admired for her "no-nonsense attitude" when defending clients in serious criminal proceedings." Chambers UK 2014
- “Offers excellent advice and reassures client just by her mere presence". Chambers UK 2013
- “An exceptionally good and very hard working advocate” who is “tenacious and very passionate.” Legal 500 2013
- " An exceptionally good and very hard working advocate” who is “tenacious and very passionate" Legal 500 2012
- Shortlisted for the 2012 Chambers & Partners Crime Junior of the Year. Chambers UK 2012
- "Focused with strong attention to detail ". Legal 500