Adrian Eissa QC
Adrian advises and represents companies and individuals in a broad range of criminal and regulatory investigations and proceedings. These include, but are not limited to, the following areas: complex fraud, money laundering, insider trading, bribery, civil and criminal confiscation and restraint proceedings, Health and Safety, large scale drug conspiracies, sexual offences, and private prosecutions.
Appointed Recorder of the Crown Court in 2012 (authorised to conduct serious sexual offences trials).
Adrian is the co-author of the following publications:
- Contributor "The Proceeds of Crime" by Millington and Sutherland Williams 5th Ed published 2018 by Oxford University Press (Chapters on Civil Recovery).
- Case commentary for Criminal Law Week 2019.
- “Fraud: A Practitioners Handbook” published 2014 by Bloomsbury Professional.
- “Confiscation: A Practitioners Handbook”published 2011 by Bloomsbury Professional
- Editor to Bloomsbury Online in the field of Fraud, Corporate and General Crime.
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors European Conference: Civil Recovery Under Part V POCA.
- The Anti Money Laundering Professionals Forum 14th Annual Conference: Master Class in Unexplained Wealth Orders.
- Proprietary Information and the Protection of Corporate Secrets UCL.
- 2015 Winner of Legal Awards "Best for Money Laundering & Asset Forfeiture" in the - UK
- 2015 Winner of the "Excellence in White Collar Crime UK" Award - Corporate Live Wire Awards.
- 2015 Winner "White Collar Barrister of the Year" Award - Global Law Experts and recommended as their exclusive White Collar Crime law expert in England.
- 2015 Winner "White Collar Crime Barrister of the Year"; Lawyer Monthly
- 2013 Anti-Money Laundering Barrister of the Year: Acquisition International Legal Awards
- "Juries find him very difficult to dislike and his natural likeability is something that can benefit a defendant in a criminal case. In cross-examinations he can switch from easy-going to stone-cold in a second - sometimes to devastating effect." Chambers UK 2022
- "He makes the implausible sound plausible." Chambers UK 2022
- “He is an extremely capable lawyer who is fair and focused.” Chambers UK 2022
- “He is one of the leading experts in this area and has encyclopedic knowledge of POCA.” Chambers UK 2022
- ‘Adrian is an outstanding all-round barrister who makes persuasive arguments before the Court of Appeal. He is truly a titan at the criminal bar.’ Legal 500 2022, Crime
- ‘Adrian is calm, methodical and totally unflappable under pressure. A charming advocate whom juries like.’ Legal 500 2022, Fraud Crime
- ‘A good tactician who is diligent and painstaking. He has an easy way with the jury.’ Chambers UK 2021
- ‘Brilliant at spotting needles in haystacks, and his client care skills are spot-on.’ Legal 500 2021, Crime
- ‘Very thorough. Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legal principles. Excellent at communicating with the client. He remains positive in the face of even the worst of judicial storms.’ Legal 500 2021, Fraud
- ‘Great with clients and pure class in court.’ Chambers UK
- ‘An excellent advocate. He has a great touch with clients.’ Legal 500
- ‘A frequent choice of junior for the more difficult criminal cases and mixes complex fraud and POCA case with general crime.’ Chambers UK
- ‘Pragmatic and client-focussed, with an enviable knowledge of confiscation law and procedure.’ Legal 500 2019
- ‘A supreme trial advocate.’ Legal 500
- ‘His advocacy is top-drawer.’ Legal 500
- ‘An extremely versatile and able advocate.’ Legal 500
- 'A very charismatic and human jury advocate' Legal 500 2018, Fraud
- 'Very dependable and approachable, he is a knowledgable advocate too'. Legal 500 2018, Crime
- ‘He is able to conduct detailed analyses of cases and present them in a clear way’ .Legal 500
- ‘A knowledgeable and effective advocate.’ Legal 500
Recommended as a Leading Silk in Crime in Chambers & Partners 2019
- Qualified as a mediator
- Qualified and authorised to accept instructions on a Direct Access basis.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
- Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates
- Member of the Fraud Lawyers Association