HM Revenue & Customs Investigations
We are expert in defending in cases prosecuted by HM Revenue and Customs. Our attention to detail in cases that can involve many hundreds of thousands of documents, our case management skills and our cross-examination and advocacy techniques are unrivalled and have led to notable successes over the years.
- We have vast experience in cases prosecuted by the Revenue and Customs, including Missing Trader Intra-Community fraud cases, and have successfully defended in some of the largest prosecutions of these types to be tried
- Our members act for both individual and corporate respondents in regulatory proceedings brought by HMRC.
- We regularly appear for appellants in the VAT & Duties Tribunal (First-tier Tribunal (Tax)) including in cases of significant value and complexity, including representation at Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery chamber). An example is the reported case of  UKUT 18 TCC, (agent knowledge, with a MTIC background, imputed to a trading company)
- We are often instructed as part of multi-disciplinary teams with accountants and tax advisers
- We work closely with clients to ensure we avoid or minimise the risks and penalties to their businesses in both the short and long term.
Growth in its serious fraud and business crime practice is a testament to its reputation for advocacy and advisory services of the highest quality