Barristers at 25 Bedford Row offer early advice motivated by a hard-headed, commercial and pragmatic approach, which recognises that the avoidance of litigation is a frequent goal where skilled negotiation is a given. Where litigation is inevitable, we take an active and aggressive approach from the outset.
- Experienced in all types of City fraud cases featuring complex international financial transactions and multifaceted accountancy and banking evidence, such as cartel and competition cases, investment, stock market and banking frauds of all types, insider trading, boiler room frauds, ‘Ponzi’ schemes, advanced fee frauds, pension, carbon credit and election frauds, VAT and diversion frauds as well property frauds.
- Experienced in related fields such as directors’ liability and disqualification, insolvency issues, Companies Act 1985 s.447 investigations and s.432 inspections.
- Claims in fraud are a common feature of civil litigation. Our acknowledged expertise in the focused and robust defence of criminal and regulatory offences offers the civil litigant an opportunity to tap into this expertise to gain a significant advantage.
- Expertise in a variety of specialist areas that have particular relevance in fraud cases including abuse of process, disclosure, legal professional privilege, restraint and forfeiture proceedings, confiscation and asset recovery, international and cross-border law, extradition and mutual assistance.
- Renowned for client-friendly, pragmatic and down to earth approach.
- Accept work directly via the direct access scheme.
Contributing author to "Banks and Financial Crime The International Law of Tainted Money", OUP, 2008. Rudi Fortson QC
“Fraud: Law, Practice and Procedure" Lexis Nexis 2012 Colin Wells (contributing author)
Growth in its serious fraud and business crime practice is a testament to its reputation for advocacy and advisory services of the highest quality