Osman Osman is a specialist defence advocate practising in all types of criminal cases including major organised crime. He is regularly instructed in the largest and most complex cases and is recommended in Crime in Chambers & Partners 2015.
Recommended in Crime in Chambers UK
Highly experienced in cases involving serious fraud and financial regulation both pre and post charge. Osman advises both individuals and companies regularly on compliance; including the Bribery Act and specifically on co-insurance contracts, third party and brokerage contracts. Consequently he is regarded as a prime specialist in this specific area of expertise.
He is regularly instructed in complex confiscation matters including asset recovery.
His practice includes numerous murder trials and National Crime Squad operations. He also specialises in the cross-examination of vulnerable witnesses and is regularly instructed to appear in sensitive cases involving very young complainants. He has frequently conducted contested confiscation hearings both under the Criminal Justice Act / Drug Trafficking Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Osman regularly advises and appears in appellate proceedings both in the Administrative Court and in the Appeal Courts. Judicial Review proceedings have included challenges relating to custody time limit applications.
- Osman has lectured upon numerous topics and, in particular, on fraud and financial regulatory topics, as well as the use of forensic evidence in homicide and sexual offences.
- He is a visiting lecturer at the Barts & London School of Medicine & Dentistry.
- Advocacy Trainer and assessor at Inner Temple and at the School of Advanced Legal Studies.
- Criminal Bar Asssociation (CBA)
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Member of the Gibraltar Bar