Sheryl is a brilliant trial advocate who is routinely instructed in the broad spectrum of serious criminal cases. Sheryl has appeared as leading junior counsel, sole counsel and led junior in cases of varying complexity and seriousness. She has considerable experience in cases of homicide and serious violence, firearms offences, large scale drugs importation and conspiracy cases as well as serious sexual offences. She also has experience a led junior on large fraud trials.
Sheryl has extensive experience of cases involving serious violence with particular expertise in defending young people charged with the most serious offences. Her down to earth approach outside of the court room in addition to fearless presentation in court proves popular with both lay and professional clients and is of particular significance when representing young defendants.
Her strengths as an advocate lie not only in the measured but persuasive presentation of her cases in court, but also her meticulous scrutiny and application of the law and evidence often leading to well-timed successful legal arguments.
As a lawyer Sheryl is known to provide instructive and decisive advice on all legal matters to her professional clients; her wide interest in various other areas of law and developments within the law means she is often called upon for opinion or direction outside of matters relating to criminal law and practice.
Sheryl is available for instruction in Direct Access cases.
- Other legal interests include music law including contractual and copyright issues, data protection law & issues and cyber-crime; social media and the law.
- Sheryl holds a LLM Masters in the area of Entertainment Law following her own interests in academic analysis and the commercial/legal/contractual issues within the sports and entertainment industries.
- As a Public Speaker Sheryl gives talks to both businesses and educational establishments on subjects ranging from law and legal compliance, effective communication skills, and female career progression.
- Sheryl provides mentoring for young people from her home area through schools and other youth programmes;
- Criminal Bar Association
- North London Bar Mess (Committee Member)
- Middle Temple