An “excellent” fraud junior who is “extremely hard working and very bright.” Commentators say he is the go-to person on abuse of process matters. Chambers UK
- Pre-charge criminal advisory
- Criminal defence work – Fraud, Money Laundering, Confiscation and related Regulatory proceedings.
- Criminal Cost Appeals
- 2002-2008 Licensed Advocate on Isle of Man
- 2009 – Licensed for Direct Access Work
Publications and Seminars
- Abuse of Process 3rd edition 2017: Oxford University Press
- "Abuse of Process Update", The Criminal Law Friendly Society, London - 13th May 2016
- The LCCSA Conference Madrid - October 2015
- The Leveson Review 2015 - 6th May 2015
- "Civil/criminal contempt:R v O'Brien" for the Fraud Lawyers Association 6th October 2014.
- "Fraud, Bribery and Money Laundering Sentencing Guidelines 2014" at LCCSA European Conference 2014, Alicante, Spain.
- "Fraud: a practitioners handbook" - Bloomsbury 2014.
- "Breach of POCA: a civil contempt for extradition" - Solicitors journal, Vol 158 n.18 06-05-14.
- "The right to a fair trial, access to justice and state funding": Operation Cotton falls foul of Grayling cuts.
- Jury Selection, Protection and Misconduct, Criminal Law & Justice Weekly 25th January 2014; Criminal Bar Quarterly, Issue 12, Spring 2013, p.1
- Transfer of Representation Order, Criminal and Law Justice Weekly 21st December 2013
- Human Trafficking and Children, 18th September 2013, LCCSA
- Human Trafficking and Sensible Prosecuting,Criminal Law & Justice Weekly, Vol.38, 21 Sep 2013, p.615-617
- The Annual Human Rights and Criminal Law seminar, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand: New Zealand Centre for Human Rights Law, 27th July 2013 1)R v Abu Qatada - admissibility of torture evidence 2) R v Abu Hamza - media reporting and abuse of process 3)R v LN - Human trafficking and article 26 Council of Europe anti-trafficking convention
- The Right to Silence - A Practical Approach - paper presented to the New South Wales Public Defenders Office, Sydney, Australia, 4th July 2013
- Costs Orders against the CPS - 378 (2011) 175 JPN Criminal Law & Justice Weekly
- Tainted Gifts under the Criminal Justice Act 1988
- Prosecution Witness Disclosure - 282 (2011) 175 JPN Criminal Law & Justice Weekly - 14 May 2011
- Prosecution Misconduct (R v Warren) - Criminal Law & Justice Weekly - 234 (2011) 175 JPN April 2011
- Fitness to Plead 162 (2011) 175 JPN - Criminal Law & Justice Weekly - 19 March 2011
- Reaction to Accusation 98 (2011) 175 JPN- Criminal Law & Justice Weekly - 28 February 2011
- Sensible Prosecuting & Article 26 (Human Trafficking) - 34 (2011) 175 JPN - Criminal Law & Justice Weekly
- Defence witness notification Aggressive Compliance -Criminal Law & Justice Weekly - 13 November 2010.
- Electronic Tagging – Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 – Solicitors Journal May 2009
- Police & CPS on Juries - Criminal Bar Quarterly April 2008.
- Representation in Confiscation Proceedings & Unfairness - Criminal Bar Quarterly issue 3.
- Systematic disclosure failures at HMRC – Solicitors Journal 8.1.08
- Abuse of Process as an appeal ground – Criminal Bar Quarterly March 2007
- European Criminal Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Fraud Lawyers Association (FLA)
- BSc (Economics and Law) - Plymouth Polytechnic
- MA (Industrial Relations and Employment Law) - Warwick University