Leading and junior counsel in a wide range of cases involving organised crime, homicide, serious sexual offences, drug trafficking and money laundering.
Experience in environmental regulatory offences. Particular expertise in defending in cases arising from political activism.
Extensive appellate experience in the Court of Appeal and in the Administrative Court, with emphasis on crime-related judicial review.
- Former lecturer in evidence on the Bar Vocational Course at the Inns of Court School of Law
- Frequently lectures on all aspects of evidence and criminal litigation, both in-house and externally
- Gray’s Inn advocacy trainer
- Pupil supervisor
- Contributor to Criminal Bar Association working party reports on sentencing, public access and advocacy standards.
- Sits as judge in Metropolitan Police Trials.
- Northern Ireland Bar
- Criminal Bar Association
- Bar Council Access to the Bar Committee Member
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)