Criminal law. Has interest in International Law. During career has represented a number of defendants on murder charges, rapes and other serious sexual offences and offences of violence.
Leroy Redhead is associated with the following areas of expertise:
- R v Brown – attempted murder of police officer by shooting.
- R v M - attempted murder of police officer by shooting and armed robbery of banks and building societies.
- R v C – allegation of a series of rapes. Defendant handicapped by severe learning difficulties and also suffers from Klinefelter’s syndrome. Victims also suffered from severe learning difficulties.
- R v B – allegation of serious sexual abuse of defendant’s 3 year old daughter.
- R v E – serious conspiracy allegation of issuing false British passports. Defendant was a civil servant.
- R -v- Collyer - serious historical sexual abuse case, alleged victims were daughter and step-daughter of the defendant.
- R -v- Sheppard - serious historical sexual abuse case, alleged victim was daughter of the defendant.
- R –v- Langley – serious historical sexual abuse case, three victims all in foster care.
- R –v- N – violent multi handed kidnapping, false imprisonment and robbery case.
- R –v- W – series of street robberies of lone women where the defendant was masked and threatened victims with a large knife, stabbing one in the process.
- R – McGregor – defendant accused of rape and grievous bodily harm of former partner.
- R –v- Hunter – leading counsel in murder. Defendant an ex-boxer accused of killing a stag party goer in a hotel after an altercation.
- R –v- Adams & Ors – multi million pound drug importation case
- R-v- Sarkasian & Ors - one of 5 Russian nationals charged with kidnapping, blackmail and torture.
- R –v- Cheperov & Ano – Leading counsel in blackmail and kidnapping case.
- R -v- M Akhmotmov - Chechen National charged with blackmail and kidnapping.
- R –v- Elian – serious sexual abuse of daughter and step daughter, conviction quashed in the Court of Appeal.
- R –v- Tappe – rape of wife’s niece.
- R –v- Farag & Ors– multi million pound importation of heroin from India, considered at its time the most valuable of cases of its type.
- R –v- Howard & Ors – gang armed robbery of a post office.
Fraud and Financial Regulation
- R v Lakhan – large scale mortgage, housing and benefit fraud.
- R v Amusan – allegation of massive fraud involving great volume of false documents, such as hundreds of credit cards and several passports of different nationalities.
- R –v- Majitha & Ors – multi-million pound MTiC fraud case.
- R -v- Short & Barclay 1997 2 Cr App R 383 – imprisonment of two Jurors for the refusal to deliver a verdict.
- R -v- Jamie Wilson  EWCA Crim 1754 - Court of Appeal ruling on the relevance of the evidence of a criminal intelligence analyst to the Crown's case.
- Criminal Bar Association
- European Criminal Bar Association
T. 020 7067 1500