Leading junior and junior Counsel in serious and complex crime, including homicide, firearms, drugs and fraud.
Helen Valley is associated with the following areas of expertise:
- R –v- M & Ors - Conspiracy to import Class A and Class C drugs, large scale recruitment of couriers.
- R -v- H & Others - Conspiracy to supply firearms, numerous under cover police officers.
- R -v- J - Multi- handed GBH and violent disorder, involving issues as to remoteness of injury.
- R -v- I - Extensive witness interference re attempted murder allegation.
- R -v -W - kidnapping and false imprisonment, representing a Defendant with psychological difficulties arising from an injury to the brain.
- R -v- J - multi- handed conspiracy to supply drugs arising from a six month surveillance operation.
Fraud and Financial Regulation
- R v W & Ors – False Accounting arising out of the take over of Derby County Football Club in October 2003. Fraud and money laundering alleged against Directors of the Club in relation to an unauthorised commission payment.
- R -v- Fisher & Others – substantial VAT fraud.
- R -v- Harold and others – VAT fraud with alleged loss to the Revenue of £15 million.
- R –v- Hancock & Others – VAT ‘carousel fraud’ (Operation Emmersed II) Case involved complex elements of banking and commerce. The trial was complicated by the potential of the introduction of the evidence in Operation Shoot against this defendant.
- R -v- G-H and others – an arts and antiques unit fraud investigation involving allegations of money laundering.
- R -v- K- money laundering conspiracy related to the large scale box breaking of mobile phones.
- R -v-H - Head of Department at a London Council charged with fraud to the value of £30,000
- R -v-B- Senior Manager at a London Council charged with theft of £48,863.
- R -v-A – Branch Manager of a contract hire company charged with fraud.
- R -v- B & Ors - Conspiracy to defraud clearing banks, acting for bank employee.
- DPP -v- Kellet  Crim.L.R. 916 (Div. Court) - Statutory Interpretation
- R -v- Rugg  2 Cr.App.R. (S)- Disparity in sentencing
- Co-opted member of the Criminal Bar Association Committee. Working parties include the CBA response to the Clementi Report and reforms of the Probation Service.
- Approved Pupil Supervisor, Middle Temple 2000.
- Chambers Pupillage co-ordinator for 2 years.
- Undertaken advocacy training exercises for the Bar Vocational Course.
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Criminal Bar Association
- Central London Bar Mess
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Female Fraud Forum
T. 020 7067 1500