25 Bedford Row is widely regarded as the leading criminal defence set in the country. We are regularly involved in the most serious and high-profile cases in all areas of crime, including terrorism, drug trafficking, fraud, serious offences of violence and sexual abuse.
We enjoy an excellent reputation for our commitment to our professional and lay clients, our careful and conscientious case preparation and our high standards in court advocacy. With unrivalled expertise in defending criminal allegations, we represent clients from minor matters in the Magistrates Court, through to the most serious allegations in the Crown Court and on appeal.
We are a diverse and progressive set and pride ourselves on our ability to represent clients of all backgrounds. At the heart of our approach is a belief that every client deserves considered advice, thorough case preparation and fearless advocacy.
Recent cases include:
- Ex-England and Chelsea FC captain John Terry, who was charged with racially aggravated assault.
- Charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice against police officers involved in the prosecution of the “Cardiff 3” in 1998.
- Murder of Eastenders actress whose dismemembered body was discovered floating in the Regents Canal in Hackney.
- Representing MP Eric Joyce.
- Pakistan Cricket captain, Salman Butt, accused of spot fixing.
- Alleged triple murder during riots in Birmingham.
- Multiple indiscriminate 'hit and run' incidents, including one fatal in Cardiff City centre.
“25 Bedford Row’s commitment to defence work is plain for all to see. It really believes in the work it does and is anxious to put up a good case for the client every time”. Interviewees report the set offers barristers at all levels who have wide experience making it “a great choice for just about any criminal matter”. Chambers & Partners.